In rare circumstances, it is possible that some of the extensions or add-ons that you have enabled prevent the correct operation of vLex. In general, the issue is adblockers that erroneously identify some of the vLex features as an ad. vLex is tested to ensure that there are minimal issues with adblockers, but in rare circumstances it can happen.
If you disable the adblockers, you can continue to work normally. Below you will find detailed information on how to do so, depending on the browser you are using:
– Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/187443
– Safari: https://extensions.apple.com/
– Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/desinstalar-o-eliminar-los-complementos
– Microsoft Edge: https://developer.microsoft.com/es-es/microsoft-edge/extensions/
– Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/internet-explorer/manage-add-ons#ie=ie-11
This post is also available in: Español