1. Personalize your vLex
Click the “Edit Your vLex” button located in the top right corner on your news feed. This will allow you to set your interests: SmartTopics and documents to follow. With this profile, your vLex experience is customized and your system of personalized notifications created. The more you use vLex, the more we will learn what you are interested in and be able to offer you increasingly relevant news.
Read more information about how to personalize your newsstream.
2. vLex Chrome extension
Save time and improve the quality of your work by incorporating vLex content into your Google results when using the Chrome browser. In addition, it automatically enriches all of the pages you visit by providing links and references to the most relevant documents on the vLex platform.
Read more information about How does the vLex Chrome extension works?
3. Search on vLex
- Simple universal search engine: You can start by performing your searching using the simple universal search engine in the bar on the top of the platform.
- Advanced search: You can also perform an advanced search using the search option on the left side menu.
- vLex offers a predictive autocompleted feature that saves you a significant amount of time and helps you find what you are looking for easily.
- Refine your search with different filters. Once you have performed the search you can refine the search with filters or by adding additional criteria. Both the search filters by type of content and the other filters options are located on the left side of the results page.
- To see a complete list of courts, simply select on the “jurisdiction/issuing court” text box and a modal screen with a list of courts will automatically open.
4. Get to know all the features
4.1 Follow documents and sources
With the follow documents and sources feature you will have control over which documents are updated or modified, this allows you to make an individualized follow-up of a law, collective agreement, form or any other document within vLex that you want to track.
By clicking on the button “follow” you will start to track its future modifications.
Read more information about the follow documents and sources feature.
4.2 Version comparision tool
The version comparison tool provides a record of all of the changes that have been made to a particular document and access to the original and rewritten text.
The version comparasion feature is available only in selected countries. Read more information about the version comparison tool.
4.3 vCite Citation Check
The vCite Citation Check is a tool developed by vLex to help you always be up to date and reduce doubts created by continuous legislative changes.
While the version comparison tool helps you to identify different versions and changes introduced in each successive law, the citation analysis report allows you to see, in detail, what regulations are in effect and if it has changed or will change in the future.
The citation analysis report is a new, intuitive and functional tool that offers you a new level of analysis, saving you a considerable amount of time and effort.
Read more information about the vCite Citation Check.
4.4 Case History
Case history allows you to view the complete history of a case in detail. The case and its original decisions are linked in a visual way so that you can view the whole file with minimal effort.
This feature is currently available in Spain and in a testing period in Colombia. Read more information about the Case History.
4.5. Favorites and Folders management
To help improve your productivity, vLex incorporates a folder and favorites feature that allow you to classify and sort documents according to your need.
The favorites feature allows you to select and save documents that you consult frequently so that you can easily and quickly find them again on the platform.
The notes feature allows you to note the parts of a document you are consulting or make annotations on it. With the select button you will be able to see the options in the document you are working with.
This post is also available in: Español